Within financial services organizations there are thousands of steps – or decisions to be made – within a myriad of different processes and systems. The challenge is gauging the impact of each single decision throughout the organization. This is made more difficult due to a range of issues peculiar to finance:
- Huge reliance on complex, interconnected platforms and systems to operate
- Regulations that are so complicated that no one inside your organization can predict the extent of their impact
- The people who understand your products are not the ones who understand your systems, and vice-versa
With no single point of understanding, everything relies on established systems and processes. Making a change invariably results in an outcome that no one could have predicted, and no one wants.
This is the core of the problem of change in financial services. And this is core to the power of DECISION.
DECISION gives you the ability to check the outcome of every change you want to make, before you make any actual change, with a three-step approach:
Think: DECISION captures your concepts, ideas and requirements, and translates them into a visual representation that’s easy to understand by everyone.
Test: DECISION tests your ideas before you start work on the project, and you only proceed once the desired outcome is verified.
Deploy: DECISION now converts these business requirements into IT requirements – and they are deployed with the assurance that the outcome has been predicted and verified.
DECISION gives you a boundary. It tells you when your decisions will put your business at risk – before you implement anything. And this is why we say DECISION gives you certainty of outcome ahead of time:
- Certainty that your innovation will meet the needs of the market
- Certainty that your changes will meet new regulatory compliance standards
- Certainty that your process improvements will result in a positive outcome